- Does Boudreaux’s Butt Paste stain clothing or furniture?
Because Boudreaux’s is an oil-based product, the product will stain clothing and fabric. Because fabric types vary, contact your local dry cleaner/upholstery cleaner for the best treatment for removal of oil-based stains.
- What causes diaper rash?
Diaper rash is the most common dermatologic condition experienced during the first three years of life. It most commonly occurs in babies 6-12 months of age. The primary cause is prolonged or increased exposure to wetness to the skin. The other causes can be:
- Chafing from friction against diapers and/or tight clothing
- Prolonged contact with urine and feces
- When solid foods are introduced to baby’s diet
- When certain foods are eaten by a breast-feeding mom
- When taking antibiotics
- If the baby has sensitive skin such as eczema, he/she is more prone to diaper rash
- Irritation from a new product such as soap, wipe, diaper, detergent or fabric softener
- How do I know if my baby has diaper rash?
Diaper rash is different for every baby and may have several different appearances, such as:
- Warm to the touch
- Dry, raised bumps
- Fluid-filled bumps
- Dry skin
- When should I call the doctor?
You should call the doctor if your baby experiences the following symptoms:
- If rash blisters or bleeds
- Fever is present
- Cries in pain when diaper rash is touched
- Symptoms do not improve in 7 days or worsen despite home treatments
- Spreads to other areas
- Baby seems more uncomfortable than usual, especially during diaper changes
- What is the difference between zinc oxide and Dimethicone?
Dimethicone is a skin protectant that forms a seal over the skin to prevent contact with potential irritants, such as urine or feces.
Zinc oxide is also a skin protectant that forms a barrier to seal out wetness, but it also cools as it protects your baby’s skin with antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- What should I do if the product comes into contact with the mouth and/or eyes?
If oral contact occurs, use a damp, clean washcloth to wipe the child’s mouth out and contact Poison Control toll-free at 1.800.222.1222 for recommendations.
If you have not already done so, immediately cleanse the eye areas with a soft cloth dipped in warm water and rinse the eyes with sterile saline.
Call Poison Control toll-free at 1.800.222.1222, and also notify your physician to have them take a good look at your child’s eyes if exposure occurs.
- How much Boudreaux’s Rash Protector should I apply?
- Apply 1-2 sprays to the affected area as often as needed.
- Where can I get coupons or samples?
We try to make our coupons and samples as available as possible, but we have to manage our budget just like you, so we hope you understand we don’t typically have samples to send out for individual requests. We do have lots of sampling and coupons circulating around the new and expecting parent circuit, so keep a look out – you might find Butt Paste savings or samples!